On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 10:33:46AM -0500, Chuck Payne wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I got a question, it might just be OE question, but what is a good cut
> off point for old packages, I need Scibus, and I saw on there page 9.1
> thru 9.3, I am wondering is SuSE 9 a good point or if we see packages
> as old as 7, can we install them we can't find an tarball or rpm.

Well, what I do is look for the most recent version and try that. If it is
not a critical program and it works, just use it. Otherwise what I do is
recompile it and use checkinstall instead of `make install`.

That will give me my own rpm that I can use to my hearts content.

houghi
-- 
The superfluous is very necessary.
                -- Voltaire

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to