Hi,

I try to get a perl based webapplication running on my opensuse-10.2-i586
installation.  It's a bit challenging, so to say....

The webapplication is ftree (http://www.cs.bme.hu/~bodon/en/ftree2/).  In the
end I want that I can run this as a regular user
in  /home/*/public_html/ftree/ (with * being any regular user login).

Using yast I have now been able (again) to make /home/*/public_html working
again, as this seems only possible via a virtual host....  9quite confusing,
to say the least).  But it does not allow perl scripts to be run (yet).

Therefor I changed to /srv/www/cgi-bin, as I know that perl is allowed to be
run from there.  And indeed ftree can be run from there.  Actually ftree is
installed in /srv/www/cgi-bin/cgi/ftree.cgi
The ftree.cgi script refers to pictures with ../graphics/<file>, but these are
not found.  While the files are there (.e.g):
/srv/www/cgi-bin/graphics/hblank.gif
Why does ftree.cgi does not see those pictures?  Is it
because /etc/apache2/conf.d/mod_perl.conf specifies:
    ScriptAlias /cgi-perl/ "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"  ?

Anyway, is someone able to provide me hint how to get perl working
in  /home/*/public_html.  Being with or without yast?

Hmm, there are some funny things going on in this apache area.  I can't read
back the settings with yast for the vhost?  Although there is
a /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/yast2_vhosts.conf file.  Is this a known problem?

It does not seem possible configure log files for this vhost, using yast.  Is
this a known problem?

--
Richard Bos
We are borroing the world of our children,