John Andersen wrote:
> My point was, that without testing a samba or nfs transfer
> you have no way of judging the load imposed by scp.

I kind of wish there was a flag to tell scp to negotiate the password in
a secure way, but *not* to encrypt the transfer.  Often, when I'm
copying files over a local network, I don't want or need the encryption
overhead.  But scp is so convenient for doing copies compared to the
trouble of setting up an NFS mount (and then dealing with processes
hanging in the D state every time the server is down.)