Bernhard Walle schreef:
* jef peeraer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-03-19 09:56]:
can i downgrade an installation from 64 bit to 32 bit ? i have opensuse 10.2 64 bit installed, but i experience system lockups. in the past they went away by switching to the 32 bit version. it's a dual opteron system , with everything thourougly tested.

If you system hangs in the 64-bit version, this is a bug and should be
fixed. Please open a bugreport and provide as much information as
possbile. We need the hardware information ('hwinfo'), when it
happens, etc. Do the keyboard LEDs blink? Are you able to connect from
another machine in the network? Can you still ping from another
machine? Does Ctrl+Alt+F1 work? Does sysrq work?

I think it's not possbile to 'downgrade'. You need to reinstall and
copy over the data.
ok, that's what i did this morning. and you're right that i should file a bug for this, but it is very difficult when you're upgradung at a client's site and people are waiting to work. for now everything is working, except that i had to switch off beagle. this kills my server when 20 or more people are working on it. maybe i should start another thread for this...

jef

Regards,
Bernhard