On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 18:37 -0500, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
> I was wondering if it is poosible to add biometrics security to a laptop or
> computer somehow via a usb finger scanner or whatever.
> --
> Michael S. Dunsavage

AFAIR, there exist even a pam-module (not in the distro) for it...
Some laptops (IBM-T43) has a build-in fingerprint reader.

Remember however, that biometric is never a replacement for a password!
Fingerprints can be forged/copied
It's intended for additional factor for security
What you know (password, passphrase, pin, ...)
What you have (smartcard, token, ...)
What you are (biometric)

HW
--
pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73  F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12