Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>> Or you can take a look at http://www.asterisk.org/
>>
> For me it seems that the bandwith shortage is the first problem to solve
> or cope with.
> With Asterisk you get a superior PBX Solution that handles anything you
> can imagine. So you might benefit from Asterix in your internal networks
> at the respective locations, but, sadly, the IAX (Inter Asterix
> Protocol), from what I saw, does not offer you better bandwith usage
> than SIP, so Asterix might not be the obvious solution to handly your
> bandwith issues.

I agree that it looks like a good idea to put an Asterisk server in each
office. They will handle local calls within each office so you don't use
any external bandwidth. It can also connect your phone lines.

Then you need to connect the two Asterisk servers via your hosted
server. I guess you could put another copy of Asterisk on that server,
or just setup the routing tables to ensure that conections from one to
the other go via the hosted server. Details depend on exactly how that
"very special technology" is set up.

If you use a VPN to communicate with your hosted server then I assume
that Asterisk traffic will also use it. But if you don't already need to
use a VPN, I'm not clear of the benefit of setting one up.

Cheers, Dave