Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Monday 2007-03-26 at 08:59 +0100, G.T.Smith wrote:
>
> >> By the way... I know of at least one e-commerce institution that
> does not
> >> accept credit card payment from Internet. It has to be bank
> transfer, or
> >> postal payment on arrival (which is more expensive). I wonder why.
> >>
> > Probably means that they do not have, or unable to get a credit card
> > trader account, which apparently can be expensive to set up and
> maintain.
>
> No, not that. The accept credit card for business accounts they know
> previously, but never from private people.
As credit card transactions usually incur a charge (either directly or
indirectly) for the recipient, which is why in the UK some smaller shops
shops and businesses set a minimum transaction limit, below which they
either decline the transaction, or apply a processing charge. Suspect
the same applies elsewhere...

It makes sense for a business to keep the regular customers happy.

> Ie, they do it on purpose.

begin:vcard
fn:Graham T. Smith
n:Smith;Graham T.
adr:Barton upon Humber;;90 Bowmandale;;North Lincs.;DN18 5EA;UK
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;cell:07876793607
version:2.1
end:vcard