Gavin Chester wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 00:33 -0400, Larry Stotler wrote:

My major problem was that Mplayer would not load the disk.  I'm not sure
if I did it correctly, but the disk wouldn't play.  I kept getting a
seek error.  Anyway, I had a hardware issue with VLC and once I took
care of that all worked well.

Jan had mentioned a multimedia set up, but all I really want to do is
listen to the radio, and vlc does that for me.  I tried Gstreamer,
couldn't get it to find stations, tried Kaffeine and no luck there.
Felix mentioned having problems with VLC, but I downloaded my
installation package from videolan.org.  There were easy to install
instructions and it works fine for me.  Could it be that the Packman
package is broken somewhere?  Or did I really miss what Felix was trying
to say?

I don't have the video card on this old machine that will really handle
full motion video.  Maybe one day I'll build a new machine that will
have the video card and enough RAM to do such a thing.  But for now as
long as I can listen to my jazz stations, I'm a happy Linux camper.

Cheers,
Dwain

--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"