Hi,

I have a 10.2 caching mailserver and workstation and only use Yast for
software management when notifoed of updates by the opensuseupdater on
the taskbar.

Recently I ran the #> 'less /var/log/messages' and noticed that I was
getting multiple messages warning me:

antivir[7810]: Warning: The file "antivir.vdf" is more than 14 days old.

This message appears each time Postfix receives a mail from fetchmail
and forwards it for virus scanning.

The opensuseupdater does not show that updates are waiting ie green
underline to a blue orb.

I have opened Yast, gone to Software Management and searched for antivir
 and found the following under the Versions tab:

2.1.8.36-7 i586 openSuse 20070128-171505  (ticked)
2.1.8.36-7 i586 openSuse 20070220-110432  (selected and ticked)
2.1.8.36-7 i586 openSuse 20070227-151715  (ticked)

Selecting the antivir package for update doesn't help as it then wants
to install from the installation DVD and although I have let it once,
surely it should rather download an update?

How can I get antivir updated, using GUI tools, so that the error
message I am getting is banished until there is yet another
update/antivir is 14 days old?

TIA
-- 
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to