Subject: Re: [opensuse] writing a crontab and don't know where to put it
Date: Tuesday 10 April 2007 02:14
From: Magnus Boman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: opensuse@opensuse.org

Yhea, it's good fun to be able to control the OS instead of the OS
controlling you :-)

Kind of, but I can't create the cron tab with:
crontab -e 27 4,16 * * * /usr/local/f-prot/tools/check-updates.pl -cron

When I did a crontab ls -l it returned no crontab for root.  When I do
crontab -e it appears to open an editor.  I paste the above code it doesn't
add the numbers or "*".  I also find no way to save the crontab.

Please help me tame this snarling beast so I can update automatically f-prot.

Cheers,
Dwain
--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"