>>On Wednesday 25 April 2007 09:40, Vince Oliver wrote:
>> I would like to put a function into .bashrc file that would open a
>> new Konsole in SUSE10.2 and cd into the result of the pwd command.
>> Something like:
>>
>> pwdinnk() {
>>      p=`pwd`
>>      echo $p
>>      `dcop $KONSOLE_DCOP newSession`
>>      cd $p
>> }

>> Everything works except it does not change the directory. `cd $p`
>> does not work nither. Do you have some tips?

>Given the indirectness of using DCOP to launch a new Konsole or create a
>new Konsole tab, I think the best you're going to be able to do is set
>up something in your .bashrc that looks for a file

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, because I don't know what Vince is
really trying to do, or if he *has* to use DCOP.

But if this helps any, I came across this the other day on accident:

        kfmclient --commands

You can do a rather fascinating number of things through kfmclient, including
opening a new tab in an existing Konqeror window.

kfmclient newTab 'url'
kfmclient exec .

Single quotes work as well as ticks ( ' ), he could do something like:

        kfmclient newTab "$p"

I have almost no idea what kfmclient  is or how it is supposed to be used, but
it doesn't seem to cause any harm. Maybe it would work for Vince.

        JW