On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 15:47 +0300, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Cristian Rodriguez R. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Alexey Eremenko escribió:
> > >What interests me is that third-party
> > > software refuses to run due to bug in openSUSE.
> >
> > Please, stop flooding bugzilla with this kind of stuff.. this is a
> > really minor problem ..indeed, the library SONAME is outdated (maybe on
> > purpose, to avoid break applications linked to that version), however
> > this is no problem to properly compiled software, even more when
> > software has source code available.
> >
> ok, so let's at least provide the correct symlink, if you say that the
> package is ok.

What are you talking about ?! There is no symlink to be provided
there...

Is it that hard for you yo understand that since the library has changed
thing depending on it will need to be rebuild, and as far as the soname
goes there is no reason why the programmer of a library *have* to update
it at each version.. should have *if* it break compatibility with old
binary, but this ain't really our problem.

--
"Why can't humans just reboot instead of sleeping, so much wasted cycles"
-Zombie Coder.