Quoting Simon Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my girlfriend a Linux system, and am making a fool of myself :(

Nah, you're looking like a true geek!



She needs to have a working mechanism for syncing her palm device. I

Good bloody luck! I've had no end of difficulty trying to successfully and consistently sync various palm devices. This goes all the way back to me trying with my Palm III under Mandrake 6 in '99.

I'm not sure about gnome but in kde there are various options for synching - all which work to some degree of success. Your main issues are the user permissions to the usb virtual port that is created for palm - which is usually /dev/pilot but symlinks to /TTY/USB/USB1 or soemthinglikethat - and the timeouts on the palm device.

What Palm Pilot does she have?

--
k

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to