On Saturday 02 June 2007 17:07, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> I am desperately trying to make my wireless card working with
> "ndiswrapper". Actually, it used to work fine before and the problem
> began when I reinstalled opensuse! I have reinstalled "ndiswrapper" many
> times. I did also run "modprobe ndiswrapper" and "ndiswrapper -m" after
> installation but my wireless card doesn't work! Can anybody help?
        Maybe...

        ... sometimes what happens is that the reinstall of openSUSE
*reinstalls* the
driver (outofbox) that is supposed to support that card, but in fact
doesn't...  in other words, hal loads a module for the ath device effectively
preventing ndiswrapper from loading the appropriate proprietary driver.
Basically the steps are as followings:
        1) find out which driver is being loaded for the card....

                use lsmod from root to get a printout of all loaded modules
after bootup

        2) remove or rename those mods...

        3) install the proprietary drivers into an appropriate directory and
then
install then with:

                ndiswrapper -i /home/yourdriver.inf

        4) check the driver got installed

                ndiswrapper -l

        5) Use yast to configure the card and under advanced hardware enter
ndiswrapper as the driver name.

        Should work fine... well, better than no driver at all.

        Try to find a card that will work without ndiswrapper.  I recommend the

WG311T  from netgear...  108mb/s  802.11a,b,g  and the ath drives work great
right out of the box...   stay away from the WG311v3...   supposed to be the
same and it does not work without ndiswrapper.  words to the wise.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><