On Friday 08 June 2007, Martin Mielke wrote: > Hi all, > > I've setup my system to use NTP long time ago. > es.pool.ntp.org is the server of my choice (yep, I'm located in Spain) and > the only way to properly get the time from there is by issuing a > /etc/init.d/ntp restart command as root... which is not what I'm expecting, > as everything was working perfectly some weeks ago... The same happens with > my PC at work (also OpenSuSE 10.2)... > > Any ideas/hints??
Pick a time server (any time server), and use it's name or IP instead of pool. I have found in the past that Pools occasionally fail and seem to take a few days before someone notices. Your ISP may run a server. Try pinging ntp.<InsertYourISP.com> or you can try a local university, or your national government. Just see if going direct to a time server works, and if so it must be a pool failure. -- _____________________________________ John Andersen -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
