Thanks for this. It has been added into my list of bookmarks, however
the question still partly remains ie why I hardly ever see anything
written about openSUSE?

Hylton

All those sites are community driven, so, if Opensuse users don't take
the time to write this kind of procedures down, nobody will find
them....

Take a look at blogs, they are a good place to look for "notes" or "procedures"

Example:
http://www.elblogdemaverick.com/
http://www.suseblog.com/?cat=3
http://angelicpenguins.blogspot.com/2006/06/howto-suse-101-with-smart-multimedia.html

I tried to start a blog for my notes (now that i mention it :s), it's
just about habit....

My almost dead blog: http://cyruspy.wordpress.com/ (i'll try to add
some notes about clustering with heartbeat as i've been playing with
it...)

Ciro