On Saturday 01 September 2007 13:05, James Knott wrote:
> Bob Williams wrote:
> > I have set up a POP filter in Kmail such that if
> >
> > <To:> contains <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > the message is deleted from the server. However, messages to this address
> > are not being deleted from the server, and are still appearing in my
> > inbox.
>
> I had a problem like that a couple of years ago, with Fetchmail.  It was
> always spam, which could only be deleted from the server with Webmail.
> Examination with Ethereal showed a problem with the message, that was
> causing Fetchmail to reject it, which meant it would not be deleted from
> the server.  The problem started immediately after my ISP switched to
> Yahoo for email and continued for quite some time, despite many
> complaints from me.  It then suddenly stopped.

Thanks James. I suppose I could wait for things to change, but it's my server!
I'm downloading my mail from Demon (my ISP) with Axigen, with the idea of
redistributing to the users here. Still new and experimental, for me. I'll
take a look at Axigen to see if it's not allowing deletion.
--
Bob

openSUSE 10.2 x86_64, Kernel 2.6.18.8-0.5, KDE 3.5.6 r31.4
Intel Celeron 2.53GB, 2GB DDR RAM, nVidia GeForce 7600GS