On 9/5/07, jpff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My hard disk gave up so I will have to reinstall an operating system.
> I was wondering about 10.3 (I was using 10.2) but there only seem to
> be gnome or kde system, and I want a "real" system, X, xterm, emacs,
> no icons.  What should I do?  (no I will not install a desktop system,
> icons, clicking ....)
> ==John ffitch
> --

No problem at all !

When you see the choise between KDE & GNOME, click on "Advanced",
setup openSUSE in text-mode, then add packages you need (X, xterm,
emacs, ...) via Yast or via zypper.

Yast fully works in text-mode.

openSUSE 10.3 is more or less stable by now, so I believe it should be
safe bet to install 10.3 BETA3 as a main system, that is released
tomorrow.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"