On Tuesday 25 September 2007 22:54:46 Bob Ewart wrote:
> Bob Williams wrote:
> > I have two hard drives, one IDE and one SATA. My 10.2 installation
> > has /, /boot, /usr mounted on the SATA drive, while /home is a LVM2
> > volume spanning both hard drives.
> >
> > When I tried installing 10.3 RC1, it only detected the IDE drive. In the
> > Partitioner module, choosing expert - import settings from previous fstab
> > failed to find an existing fstab.
> >
> > The boot up process appears to load both IDE and SATA drivers, so I
> > presume there is a problem with the SATA (sata_sis) driver. Is this
> > likely to be fixed by 10.3 GM or will I have to stay with 10.2?
>
> I have a slightly different problem with mixed IDE/SATA on RC1.  I have
> 2 IDE hard drives, 2 CD/DVD IDE drives and 2 SATA drives.  RC1 sees all
> the drives but can't read the partition of the first IDE drive. It
> installed OK on the second IDE drive, but didn't set up the boot options
> for Windows or 10.2 (which had no trouble with this configuration) on
> the first IDE drive.
>
> --
> Bob

Hello, Bob ;)

I've subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and reposted my problem
there, in the hope of attracting the attention of the right people. It's
possible that it's a known bug.

Could I suggest you do the same?

I'm off to bed now. I'll look in again tomorrow.
--
Bob

openSUSE 10.2 x86_64, Kernel 2.6.18.8-0.5, KDE 3.5.6 r31.4
Intel Celeron 2.53GB, 2GB DDR RAM, nVidia GeForce 7600GS