Am Freitag, 28. September 2007 17:28:05 schrieb Xn Nooby:
> I'm using SLES9 which is based on SUSE 9.1, and I was curious if there
> was a way I could limit the growth of a directory.  I currently have a
> separate /var partition in case it grows too big, and I was thinking
> if I could just limit it's size, I could keep /var on the / partition.

you could write a script and run it with a cronjob, to delete files that are
older than 90 days i.e..

I also think there are preconfigured parameter in Yast2-> Sysconf editor(why
it's not enabled on default is a riddle for me), at least for me it wasn't
set. So my /var/tmp kept growing.

Greetings
Michael