Good day James,

> Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:
> > OpenSUSE 10.2
> >
> > Where do I tell the MTA to use port 587 when sending mail through
> > my web hotel?
> >
> > My ISP has blocked port 25 for sending mail, but my web hotel
> > accepts mail sending though port 587.
> > I can't find anywhere in YaST's MTA module, sysconfig, or
> > anywhere else to set the port number.

Mandag 01 oktober 2007 17:25 kvad James Knott:
> I set it in the SMTP configuration of an app, such as Seamonkey or
> Thunderbird.  In fact, as I'm currently at work, this message is
> coming to you via port 587 on my home ISP.

I'm sorry, I didn't explain well enough.

It is the default MTA in OpenSUSE 10.2, which should be configurable
through YaST2 -> Network Services -> MTA.

I have successfully made KMail use port 587, because KMail's
configuration actually has a place to put in a port number.
But nowhere in YaST's MTA configuration module can I find a place to
put in a port number.

Any clues?

(I need to send 40 personalised standard letters through a php
script - I really would like to not have to send them manually one at
a time.)

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)