Am Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2007 13:20:56 schrieb Teruel de Campo MD:
> ref: opensuse 10.3
> smart: 0.51
>
> Q: if you have many packages to upgrade but few are dependent of a
> library that is not available for example, how can you install upgrades
> that are OK and leave the ones that are not?. I have been doing it one
> by one but that is not good. What I am missing.

IIRC smart can lock such packages, so that they won't be affected by the
upgrade → no dependency problem (at least for the moment, the rest of the
upgrade should went through without disruption).

I can't tell you what the exact command syntax was, but afaik it was something
with smart flag ....

Greetings
Michael