I have (re-)installed the nVIDIA driver for Linux (December 29, 2007)
using the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.07-pkg1.run package downloaded from their
web site.  I have noticed something that I'd like to either understand
or correct.
  When I view an You-tube video in Linux the video tends to not be as
bright as watching the video under XP=Home on the same hardware setup.
  Is this a driver issue or an X issue, and how can I resolve the
difference if at all possible.

  Mike