On Friday 25 January 2008 15:46:57 steve wrote:
> Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> | I use ATI cards all the time and they are excellent - I'm using a dual
>
> hed ATI
>
> | card right now and formerly had two dualhead cards on here for a
>
> 3-monitor
>
> | config. I have no trouble with them. In fact I buy ATI whenever I can,
>
> having
>
> | had less actual trouble with ATI than I have with nVidia.
>
> I gave up on ATI years ago, as I suspect a respectable percentage of
> this list. Its not my intention to turn this into a flame war or
> anything, but you ARE joking right?

I certainly DO NOT want to start anything, however I am not joking:

1. They work good for me (and I do all kinds of odd things with them - I hack
my own xorg.conf quite often - and I usually have at least dual monitors,
sometimes more)

2. I really have had more probs with nVidias than ATIs

Not trying to say any one else's experiences aren't valid, but that's how it's
been for me.

        JW