The Friday 2008-01-25 at 22:44 +0100, Sandy Drobic wrote:

 That part I solved in the transport file with this syntax:

 lists.sourceforge.net   :
 users.sourceforge.net   :

 localhost               :
 valinor                 :
 nimrodel.valinor        :
 .localhost              :
 .valinor                :
 .nimrodel.valinor       :

 #Default:
 *            smtp:[smtp.telefonica.net]

I liked your previous configuration with relayhost better. This is exactly the same, only the configuration needs much more lines. (^-^)

Except that exceptions did not work, or I did it wrong. I didn't find a way to handle the "users.sourceforge.net" line.

>  I think you need to look up the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps
>  parameter in postfix.

Simple: domain or user as key and relayhost as result. That's why it is called
 "...relayhost_maps" (^-°)

I guess! But sometimes I very thick headed O:-)

A sender-dependent override for the global relayhost parameter setting. The tables are searched by the envelope sender address and @domain. My example uses the extreme (two senders that use the same relayhost but different authentication.

Yes, I also need that.

 But there is no sample "sender_relay" file to guide me :-/

 I have just googled that parameter and found many people asking for a
 solution for the very same problem I have: sending to diferent smtp relay
 hosts depending on the "from" address, and using the correct auth id each
 time for each server, based as well on the from address.

Strange... Anyway, here's a sample I used to verify that it works:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_relayhost
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_relayhost_auth
smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes

Ok, except for the "sender_dependent_relayhost_maps" I had the same thing. And "smtp_sasl_security_options" was empty.

/etc/postfix/sender_relayhost
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       [mail.gmx.de]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       [mail.gmx.de]

I'll try right now.

/etc/postfix/smtp_relayhost_auth:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]:password1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]:password2

[...]

It works! Thanks :-)

I think we talked about this time ago, but I most have lost my notes, or didn't save them properly. Sounds familiar.

I configured my postfix with no default relay, so if I don't specify one my postfix will try to send itself. If the sender matches, then it will use the addecuate relay. And, if I understand correctly, if I define a particular transport rule, it will override the sender_relay rule.

Next thing is to check what will happen with bounces. Or wait.

- -- Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.