I built the message localization and parameterization stuff for the
validation framework in Xwork. It uses the cool stuff Patrick put in to
parse the Redirect URL and apply Ognl to expressions inside ${...} for
parameterization and pushes the Validator on the stack before it does
this so you can get parameters from either the Validator or the Action.
The localization stuff builds off of the getText() stuff from
ActionSupport (which has now been copied over to Xwork) to get localized
validation messages and have defaults.

The text parsing stuff is going to be VERY useful in a lot of spots.

More details on this later, I promise. Check out the sandbox code if
you're too eager to wait, especially the test cases, which demonstrate
this functionality.

Jason

--
Jason Carreira