Well, the filter is nothing to do with SiteMesh? The filter just says
"I'll handle the context cleanup" so the servlet doesn't do it, instead
the filter does.

Whatever happens in between the two (servlet running and filter cleaning
up) is totally up to the user? SiteMesh just happens to fit into this
area but other frameworks would to.

Cheers,
Mike

>I would think that this behavior would be desireable for other
>presentations
>and not just Sitemesh. You may want to give the filter a generic name
>that
>describes the cleanup.
>
>Also, any reason why this filter should not be enabled by default?

aspnet_072303_01