There is a facility for adding global i18n message files...

com.opensymphony.xwork.util.LocalizedTextUtil:

public static void addDefaultResourceBundle(String resourceBundleName)

It has a static initializer to load the default:

    static {

DEFAULT_RESOURCE_BUNDLES.add("com/opensymphony/xwork/xwork-messages");
    }

This properties file defines some system messages which are used for
some system errors. Later we can localize these for different languages.

If you want, you can make it look for a property to add a list of other
default resource bundles. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking
about though.

Jason