Title: Message
That tag probably hasn't been ported to WW2... I don't think it's going to be very feasible to use the tags without the framework. WebWork is not really about building a set of JSP tags, its a web application framework with some tightly integrated JSP tags which make use of the powerful features of the framework.
-----Original Message-----
From: Vernon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 7:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [OS-webwork] re. UI tags as standalone component

Thanks Jason for your response.

As I mentioed in the title, I want to use the tag as a standalone component, out side the scope of the webwork framework. The application has been built on another MVC framework over a year It is not feasible to move over the webwork only because of the tag.

The verison of webwork source I downloaded is the 1.3, which I guess is what you called WW1. The verison of tabbed pane tag eventually uses the action and configuration classes in addtion of classes in the expr and util directories.

I have had a look at the ww2 tree of CVS and can't find the tag.

It will be great appreciated if you can point me how to separate and use the tag (of WW2), and where it is in the ww2 tree.

Thanks again.

Vernon

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm not sure what the tabbed pane is looking for. How much separation
are you looking for? I think they all use the _expression_ language and
ValueStack. It should be possible to use them without hitting an action,
and some work has been done on the WW2 side to make this work. I'm not
sure about WW1.