If you have the Car object as a property of the Action, you can use the
VisitorFieldValidator (there's a little doc on this on the Wiki) to make
the validation framework use the validations defined for the Car class.
This way, you could define your common validations for the car in a
single Car-validations.xml. You could also define context-specific
validations for Car by creating Car-edit-validation.xml and
Car-create-validation.xml and set the context in the
VisitorFieldValidator declaration, like this:

    <field name="car">
        <field-validator type="visitor">
            <param name="context">anotherContext</param>
            <message>car: </message>
        </field-validator>
    </field>

Here, the message element defines the text which is prepended to the
messages added by the validators for the subproperty (car in this case).
The VisitorFieldValidator can also be applied to Collections and Arrays
of objects and will run for each.

Jason