Matt Ho wrote:
I've opted to move this to the webwork extensions rather than have it part of the webwork core. Although the VelocityServlet will be deprecated, that won't be til Velocity 1.5!

One of the features that's extremely appealing about the velocity tool project is the ability to easily add your own helpers to the velocity context. To that end, I've added a ToolContext (similar to velocity tools ToolboxContext) that allows you to add objects to the velocity context.

What does this buy you that the #bean macro doesn't?

The problem with this proposal, as I see it, is that they will always be instantiated, even if they're not used. By using #bean macro only those tools that are actually used will be created. IMO that's better.

/Rickard