I think that for now at least, this traffic might as well stay on this list. If a significant portion ends up being a discussion of the peculiarities of particular tools/extensions, then we can worry about splitting off the list.

Secondly, one of the reasons that there traditionally hasn't been such a strong demand for tools to make life easier (pretty much non in ww1 and very few in ww2) is the simplicity of configuration, which has always been a big goal of both projects I believe. You don't need to be an expert or even particularly bright to be up and running and happily adding new views and so on, so fewer people end up thinking 'I wish there were a tool to make this easier'