Hi again,

    I decided to start everything over, then I recreated the web application
and tested each step, so to find what was that I was doing that triggered
the strange errors I was receiving.

    I managed to create an action, pass parameters to it and display them at
the velocity result page. The validation framework worked fine this time.
Everything worked this far.

    When I added the RequestLifecycleFilter to web.xml, I started getting
that old RuntimeException again:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Fallback must be an instance of
DefaultConfigurationManager
    at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.component.DefaultComponentManager.setFall
back(DefaultComponentManager.java:50)
    at
com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.RequestLifecycleFilter.doFilter(RequestLi
fecycleFilter.java:55)

    I tried both <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> and
<url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>, and both gave me the exception above.

    I really would like to understand what that error means. Below there are
some files that might help you experts help me. I thank very much all the
help in this. Sorry to post the same problems over and over again.

- Vítor Souza

======================= WEB.XML ============================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
<web-app>
  <display-name>CyTour</display-name>
  <filter>
    <filter-name>container</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.RequestLifecycleFilter</fil
ter-class>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>container</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

<listener><listener-class>com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.ApplicationLife
cycleListener</listener-class></listener>

<listener><listener-class>com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.SessionLifecycl
eListener</listener-class></listener>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.opensymphony.webwork.views.velocity.WebWorkVelocityServle
t</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>webwork</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher</servle
t-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>webwork</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.vm</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.vm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>webwork</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/webwork-2.0.jar</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
</web-app>

======================= XWORK.XML ============================
<!DOCTYPE xwork PUBLIC "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork 1.0//EN"
"http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-1.0.dtd";>

<xwork>
 <!-- Include webwork defaults (from WebWork-2.0 JAR package). -->
 <include file="webwork-default.xml" />

 <!-- Configuration for the default package. -->
 <package name="default" extends="webwork-default">
  <!-- Default interceptor stack. -->
  <default-interceptor-ref name="validationWorkflowStack" />

  <!-- Action: login de administrador. -->
  <action name="adminLogin"
class="br.inf.netropolis.cytour.core.aplicacao.webwork.actions.AdminLoginAct
ion">
   <result name="success" type="velocity"><param
name="location">home.vm</param></result>
   <result name="input" type="velocity"><param
name="location">index.vm</param></result>
   <result name="error" type="velocity"><param
name="location">index.vm</param></result>
  </action>
 </package>
</xwork>

======================= COMPONENTS.XML ============================
<components>
 <component>
  <scope>session</scope>
  <class>br.inf.netropolis.cytour.core.aplicacao.AppCytour</class>

<enabler>br.inf.netropolis.cytour.core.aplicacao.webwork.components.AppCytou
rAware</enabler>
 </component>
</components>

======================= CLASSES ============================
public interface AppCytourAware {
 public void setAppCytour(AppCytour appCytour);
}

public class AppCytourAwareAction extends ActionSupport implements
AppCytourAware {
 protected AppCytour appCytour;
 public AppCytour getAppCytour() { return appCytour; }
 public void setAppCytour(AppCytour appCytour) { this.appCytour =
appCytour; }
 public String execute() throws Exception { return SUCCESS; }
}

public class AdminLoginAction extends AppCytourAwareAction {
 private String login;
 private String senha;
 public String getLogin() {  return login; }
 public void setLogin(String login) {  this.login = login; }
 public String getSenha() {  return senha; }
 public void setSenha(String senha) {  this.senha = senha; }
 public String execute() throws Exception {
  login += (appCytour == null) ? " (components did not work)" : "
(components worked)";
  return SUCCESS;
 }
}