Hi,

I once again stumbled across problems caused by the mutlilingual
features of OpenVAS server (as inherited by Nessus).

I wonder whether it makes sense at all to have the NASL scripts allow
for other languages than english. IMHO this adds only unnecessary source codes,
user confusion, extra-time writing NASL scripts and potentials for
inconsistencies.
Not to forget the maintenance problem!

AFAIU, the "security language" is english. All relevant sources of security
alerts are in english and need to be understood anyway by the auditors.
(Yes, there are some non-english sources of security alerts, but in fact
these could even be better implemented as separate base NASL scripts
and form some sort of a profile of its own).

So, I'd be interested in your opinion/thoughts on whether we should
remove any of the Server-side localization support for NASL scripts .... ?

Best

        Jan