Good morning everybody

I am writing you to understand the correct behaviour I should have in
front of the results of OpenVAS scansion, according the following
"problem".

Every scansion of my company's PC I have done until now shows a security
hole in each machine which is detected by plugin 11808, about Microsoft
RPC Interface Buffer Overrun, and is caused by epmap on port 135.

The plugin suggests to update the operating system to a kind of patch
but when I try to install it the answer is that the operating system
version in more recent than the patch itself: obviously, the problem is
known since 2003 and Windows has reached the SP 2 now!

Is this result the consequence of some missed update of the plugin 11808
or is the pluging itself which is not update to the SP 2, and how can I
solve this false positive?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards

Francesco Vincenti

Francesco Vincenti
Area Data Center Open Source, Quality and Security

Aspasiel S.r.l. a company of
ThyssenKrupp Acciai Speciali Terni S.p.A. con Unico Socio
Loc.Pentima Bassa, 56

05100  Terni - Italia

Tel.:   +39 0744 203224
Fax :  +39 0744 428855

mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.aspasiel.it

This e-mail and any attachments is a confidential correspondence intended only
for use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient or the agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the error at the following email address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or at Aspasiel Helpdesk Team by phone (phone number
+390744203555), and then delete this message from your system.
P Please consider our environment and think before you print. Thank you! q