On Sunday 18 May 2008 22:46, echo6 wrote:
> Apologies if this is not the correct place to ask!

it is the corect place :-)

> I'm trying to install the svn openvas on the USB version of BT3 beta.

I am not familiar with BT3. What is the base of it?

> openvas-libraries built and installed without any problems.
> openvas-nasl I experienced missing files in /usr/local/lib
> ln -sf libopenvas.so.1 libopenvas.so
> ln -sf libopenvas_hg.so.1 libopenvas_hg.so
> I was able to build openvas-nasl after creating the symlinks.

in fact this shouldn't really happen.
Can you post the commands you applied to configure, build
and install openvas-libraries?

> On trying openvas-server make failed
> r/local/bin/openvas-libnasl-config --libs`

(seems you mean openvas-libnasl, not openvas-server)

> `/usr/local/bin/libopenvas-config --libs`    -ldl
> /usr/local/lib/libopenvasnasl.a(nasl_signature.o): In function
> `print_gpgme_error':

Probably you have the gpgme library not available for the
compilation process.
In fact, during "configure", you should have seen a warning
about this.
Try this to see whether the required develpment module
is installed:
$ gpgme-config --version

Best

        Jan

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                                   Intevation GmbH