Am Sonntag, 13. Juli 2008 17:04:22 schrieb echo6:
> I'm using subversion to build from source, 1.0.2.
>
> Here are some issues I've noticed on Ubuntu.
>
> /usr/local/lib needs to be added to /etc/ld.so.conf otherwise
> openvas-mkcert complains about missing libraries.

I've never experienced such a problem so far.
Not sure why it installs to /usr/local/lib.

> Launching openvasd and I get the following errors
> directory
> directory
> directory

that is "OK". the first two are proprietary NASL scripts which we
had to remove after the fork from Nessus.
"slad.inc" is a file that is created when SLAD is installed.

> I've created a user, but I am unable to login, trying to remove a user
> and openvas-rmuser complains user does not exist!

can you look into /var/lib/openvas/users/ ?
There should be a directory with the same name as the user.

Best

        Jan