Hello Jonas,

On Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2008, Jonas Andradas Arias wrote:
> >no, there is no converter for C to NASL.
> >There once was a "factory" for C plugins. In fact some header files. But that
> >was all of no help.
> >The way to go is writing NASL and, where helpful, extend NASL or its
> >built-in functions.
>
> could you recommend a NASL tutorial/manual?  The best I have found are these:
> http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com.au/articles/25155-Using-Nessus-Attack-Scripting-Language-NASL-to-find-application-vulnerabilities
>
> and
>
> http://www.nessus.org/doc/nasl2_reference.pdf
>
> Is there another NASL reference or manual which is more up to date or better?

The OpenVAS team works on a OpenVAS Compendium where a NASL developer
guide should be part of. Currently you find openvas-compendium under
doc/ in SVN, but it will soon emerge as a package of its own.

The NASL devel part is in the works and should see significant progress in
August.

Apart from this the nasl2_reference is of some help.

The best help usually are the other NASL scripts which you could take
as examples.

Best

        Jan