Hello,

I'd like to stop support for openvas-plugins <= 1.0.2 soon.
Those versions contained a bug in the nvt sync routine which
was fixed on 2008-09-10 and first released with 1.0.3 on 2008-09-17.
This bug forced us to have a ugly work-around on the OpenVAS Feed Server
and I want to get rid of it.

To find out whether the installed version is defect, you can execute
this on the command line:

$  grep avrP `which openvas-nvt-sync` && echo "defect found, please update"

What we need is a announcement on the openvas-announce mailing list.

Apart from this, is anyone aware of a operating system that has openvas-
plugins <= 1.0.2 as a default installation?
(this could mean some trouble I guess)

Any additional idea about how to handle this situation?

Best

        Jan

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner | ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/