On Tuesday 17 March 2009 15:29:34 Shawn Duffy wrote:
> So, I would think that this means that only two plugins would be enabled
> (scanner plugins) and that the port range would be limited to 1-1024.
>
> As I watch the status messages scroll by it looks like the portscan is
> limited to 1-1024 but after that it starts running other plugins.  I'm
> seeing it trying to run smb checks, slad checks and other status
> messages indicating that it is cycling through all available plugins:

in principle, issuing a NVT could mean that its dependencies are executed
as well. This could mean a chain of a couple of scripts.
You can look at the script dependencies to analyse this.

There is a client option that can silence the output of dependent plugins.
However, they still wil be executed.

Best

        Jan

--