Hi Group,

Since am new to OpenVAS; wanted to give it a try, though have been using Nessus
for more than a year now.

I have scenario to simulate a web service based implementation of OpenVAS,
where I want to define a Java class which can interact and calls the OpenVAS
server. With a core method "scanTarget" which will call OpenVAS using its
command line interface.
Similarly the other methods will be used for updating plugins and viewing scan
reports. I am then interested to "secure" these methods with some authorization
models (XACML or PERMIS-RBAC); Using XACML policies, I will define who can
invoke above methods and who cannot in what circumstances.
Ideally these type of security requirement might be required where several site
administrators contributing resources (nodes) to form a Virtual Organization
(VO).

I wanted to know the following:
What language has OpenVASĀ  been written?
How can I use the source code to perform the above simulation?
Would be developer's team can help me if I stuck somewhere..?

Regards

Thanks in advance for help!

-Jan Muhammad