On Freitag, 1. April 2011, Langer, Gerhard wrote:
> ist it possible to use an other sql server than sql for internal storage?
>
> What we are looking for is the possibility to read directly from sql to
> create reports ourself. We are using an monitoring/reporting tool for several
> other products and want to integrate the scan results of openvas.
>
> Or is there something like an API to access the results directly?

the Greenbone support team registered this already as a feature request
from customers. So, a very valid request :-)
It has not been report with highest priority yet, though.

Basically, there are two sensible ways: Either retrieve the XML report and
then convert it into your own database.
The second option (and likely what we will implement) is a
Report Format Plugin that delivers directly some SQL dump for direct
import.

You can, however, run sql statments directly against the sqlite database
via command "sqlite3" using suitable access grants.

Ultimately you can try to replace the existing sqlite by something else.
But I do not recommend this as it would mean quite some work and
create some distance to the main development branch.

Best

        Jan
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460