I've already put nikto's path in .bashrc, but it doesn't work. Why openvas
isn't seeing the same PATH var that i see??? any clue?

root@openvas:~/tools/pruebas# tail ../../.bashrc
    . ~/.bash_aliases
fi

# enable programmable completion features (you don't need to enable
# this, if it's already enabled in /etc/bash.bashrc and /etc/profile
# sources /etc/bash.bashrc).
#if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ] && ! shopt -oq posix; then
#    . /etc/bash_completion
#fi
export
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/nikto
root@openvas:~/tools/pruebas#

El 9 de diciembre de 2011 00:45, Mark LaCore <nerdym...@gmail.com> escribió:

> Don't edit the nasl, it will get overwritten when you sync the NVT next.
> Put your path to nikto in root's .bashrc. I don't think root gets what you
> put in /etc/environment or /etc/profile in some distros. Doing a symlink in
> /usr/local/bin might work too, but try the bashrc thing first.
> On Dec 8, 2011 6:31 PM, "Juan José Pavlik Salles" <jjpav...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I tried that one too, but doesn't work either.
>>
>> El 8 de diciembre de 2011 23:23, Brandon Perry <bperry.volat...@gmail.com
>> > escribió:
>>
>>> The error says it could not execute it, which doesn't always mean it
>>> couldn't find it. Perhaps chmod +x your nikto.pl

>>> that
>>> openvas
>>> PATH

>>> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/root/tools/pruebas/nikto-2.1.4

>>> see it.

>>> --
>>> http://volatile-minds.blogspot.com -- blog
>>> http://www.volatileminds.net -- website