Hello NVT developers and OpenVAS users,

some time ago we discussed that it is best to have a CVSS always for any NVT.

A guide how to apply CVSS to a NVT is here:

  http://www.openvas.org/nvt-dev.html

Currently, the CVSS assignment for old NVTs is in progress as you may have
noticed. Its a couple of thousands to go, so will take some time.

For OpenVAS-6 we will make it mandatory for NVTs to have a CVSS.
For users this will allow quite some comfort and new features.

All the best

        Jan

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460