Am Samstag, 18. Oktober 2014, 17:13:33 schrieb Traiano Welcome:
> [Using openVAS 6, installed from the atomic repos. On CentOS 6.5]
>
> I'm running a scan initiated from a master node to a slave node. From the
> masters perspective the scan seems to die at 3% consistently, with the
> following messages in the master's logs. However, the scan continues on
> the slave!

> And there appear to be regular SIGSEGV errors in the openvassd logs on the
> slave during the scan process:
>
> ---
> [Sat Oct 18 14:35:19 2014][20293] SIGSEGV occured !
> [Sat Oct 18 14:35:19 2014][20293] closing logfile
> [Sat Oct 18 14:35:19 2014][22681] Process 20293 seems to have died too
> early ---
>
> Is there a known cause for this kind of behavior, and how would I go about
> troubleshooting this further?

sigsegv is bad and should not happen indeed.

First thing to do is to check whether you are running the latest releases
of the OpenVAS version you are running. These are available on the download
source page and are send to openvas-announce.

Once you ensured you are using the newest version and still observe
the sigsegv the next thing to do is to increase the log level of openvasmd
and see if the log offers a clue. Be aware that the verbosity can be very
very extensive.

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460