Am Samstag, 14. März 2015, 05:38:37 schrieb Hon Kevin:
> I would like to ask is it possible for me to install Openvas without root
> access from source?

yes. Of course you need to specify a prefix for cmake to a destination the user
has write access.

It makes sense to run openvassd as root though, because else it can not execute
all of the tests properly.

> Also I am curious if the tools is still work if I
> don't install GSA. Many thanks,KH

Sure, GSA is just a OMP client. You can use a OMP CLI command line tool
only to control OpenVAS Manager.

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460