On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Eero Volotinen <eero.voloti...@iki.fi>
wrote:

> OpenVAS will not work with selinux correctly.

I want to know what this means. I have run hundreds of OpenVAS instances,
never disabled SELinux, and never had any issues.

I get that we think it won't work correctly, but what in OpenVAS does not
function as intended when SELinux is enabled?

I hate telling people to just disable SELinux because one process doesn't
behave as expected. I compare it to telling people to disable their
firewall because one program can't access the internet.

If a process in OpenVAS does not behave correctly, there are simple
configuration changes you can make to let SELinux be more permissive on a
per-process basis to resolve the issue.

http://volatile-minds.blogspot.com -- blog
http://www.volatileminds.net -- website