On Friday, 22. May 2015 20:31:39 Frank Sfalanga Jr. wrote:
> Installed and configured OpenVAS 7 in CentOS 7 and started a scan.  It
> started a scan once but the server became unavailable with very high load
> average - only had 1G of memory.  I expanded the memory to 2G but cannot
> get the scan to start at all now. I get this:
>

> Openvassd.log
>
> [Sun May 17 18:49:48 2015][577] openvassd 5.0.1 started
> [Sun May 17 18:52:21 2015][577] Received the Terminated signal
>
> Is there a way I can turn up the logging level?

The oom killer might have terminated the process. You should find a log entry
in the system log about it.

Have you scanned your own scanner system? This would increase the load
and memory consumption additionally.

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B