Hello all.  This is completely new install of CentOS 7 - two days old.  All
current and patched.  Downloaded new copy of Openvas (7 - but oddly enough I
don't see 8 in the download lists...but anyway it doesn't matter).

Then, I made this change in the redis config file (by removing the comments):

unixsocket /tmp/redis.sock
unixsocketperm 700

Have this error when I check setup:

OK: redis-server is present in version v=3.0.7.
        OK: scanner (kb_location setting) is configured properly using the
redis-server socket: /tmp/redis.sock
        ERROR: redis-server is not running or not listening on socket:
/tmp/redis.sock
        FIX: You should start the redis-server or configure it to listen on
socket: /tmp/redis.sock

Restarted everything.  Same error.

There is a firewall installed and operational, but for the life of me I cannot
see where to disable that if it matters.

Any ideas?

Bill