De : Tyler Sable [mailto:tsa...@epic.com]
Envoyé : 19 août 2016 11:00
À : LeBlanc Benjamin-Hugo (EXT); openvas-discuss@wald.intevation.org
Objet : RE: Managing many scanners instead of a master-slave

Ben,

I have built the master-scanner architecture, and it works. But, I have been
disappointed in its performance. The scans run on the external scanner seem to
take a lot longer than scans run on the same machine. I think the communication
between the manager and scanner is probably too chatty for it master-scanner to
perform well.

Dr. Wagner recently recommended the master-slave relationship rather than the
manager-scanner relationship. I believe the improved performance is the reason
for using master-slave.

-Tyler